Friday, April 20, 2007

April

Where did April go? Tomorrow is the 21st. Today I have three weeks until d-day. What?! How did that happen? Chasing after my two darling girls, I have not had time to contemplate the fact that in just three (or five or zero) short weeks we will be a family of five. How exhilarating and scary. So much to do--place for baby to sleep, new carseats installed three across in the backseat of the car, clothes out of the loft, decide on a name. Oh, the name! We decided on Cerys before I was out of my first trimester. Addien was supposed to be Charley until about a week before she was born, and this one will be lucky to have a name by the time we have to register her birth at six weeks old. Meanwhile, Tim is working like a mad man trying to finish end-of-year billing, finish off well for a client we just lost, and praying that Dan's wife and I time giving birth so that both partners aren't on paternity leave simultaneously. In the next three weeks I'm hosting an all-day Creative Memories event, attending another all-day CM event, conducting a CM parents' evening for a local nursery, hosting friends for a gourmet dinner, steam-cleaning the carpets, baby-sitting my friends' two kids for a full day, and trying to make it to Cambridge for one last visit with Alicia before baby comes.

As Dory says, "Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your life is so incredibly busy...and full of love and joy! You are an excellent mother of two..and will be a loving, awesome, wonderful mother of three very soon! I've seen you and Tim in action and I have no doubt that the two of you will have another child (meaning the one that is coming in a few weeks) and just hit the ground running and will be the incredible parents that you were both born to be.

Anonymous said...

how about matt and i name your baby when we get there?? that would be one less thing for you to do! :)

we are looking forward to seeing you!

-dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi, Greta and Tim,
I can't even imagine a typical name for your third daughter! It has to be one of those wonderful Welsh names that no one (outside of Wales) can even pronounce but that holds so very much meaning. I for one am anxiously awaiting the name of your beautiful new daughter. I even have a pen and notepad by my phone so that Tim can spell it for me and tell me its meaning.
I love you both and your amazing family so much!!!

kate said...

I love the Dory quote! I was going to say, "avoid X Welsh name," but then I thought, "Yeah, right! That'll be what they were thinking of!" you'll have to get back with me after the birth if you want to know which one I was going to say. :)
I wish I could attend your Creative Memories all-day crop! How fun it would be to have an excuse to gab with you about nothing and everything all day.
All the best to you, my friend! I'm glad the pregnancy has gone swiftly (and, I assume, well).