Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Lenten Progress

I haven't quite managed to keep up with my Lenten sacrifice of sleep. I put this down to the fact that I've only slept through the night twice since Lent began. Other nights I've been up one, two, three, four, five, six, lost-track-of-how-many times. I don't know what's going on with my kids. I've been the object of jealousy and resentment on more than a few occasions because my kids are such good sleepers, and I must admit I've been more than a little proud of this fact. My humble, "Oh, I've just been blessed with sleepy babies" has really meant, "Yeah, that's because my parenting skills are amazing." Well, that's all been washed away after having slept through the night five times since before November. Besides jet-lag, all three of them had the stomach bug and two colds, then there were nightmares, teething, a night-time cough, dirty nappies at strange hours, and general wanting of the mommy. On the nights that I lost track of my comings and goings from bed, I just couldn't face a six o'clock alarm, and so my much-needed dates with my running shoes and with my blog have been sorely neglected.

But, I slept through last night, and so I am groggily trying to put down into cyberspace some of the mad thoughts rushing through my brain before I have to face the wonderful and terrible three who will be my taskmasters today.

2 comments:

Mrs. said...

Praise God for a night of sleep, I hope it continues!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Greta! As you know, I definitely can feel your pain. It will get better! Hang in there! Love, Miriam