Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Grosser than Gross

Remember those old jokes? They were popular when I was like 8. The point was to try to gross out your friends, which I don't actually think is funny, but hey, I guess I did when I was 8. The one that I remember is "What's grosser than finding a worm in your apple?" And the answer is "Finding half a worm."

So, I've got a new one, which is the mother of them all, and it just so happens to be true: "What's grosser than changing a poopy diaper?" Answer: "Changing a poopy diaper and then seeing a little opaque worm crawl out of your daughters butt!!!" EWW!

Yes, that's right, Addien has pinworms. And seeing one actually crawl out of her was by far the grossest thing I have ever witnessed. The worst part of it is that everyone in the family is being given a dose of anti-worming medicine, except for me because I'm pregnant. So even though I don't have any symptoms of infection, it's possible that I'll be harboring these little beasts for the next six months, and that really is grosser than gross.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AGREED!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Totally gross! I would have screamed....and then called my husband to deal with it :) However, I know that you are a stronger woman than I!! Love you:)

Anonymous said...

That is an awesome story! Love, Mir

kate said...

Oh, foul. Oh, foul. Foul foul FOUL. I'm praying against pinworms in pregnant mothers! EWWWWWW.

Anonymous said...

Been there, done that, with three kids and two adults. I still have nightmares...

Shonda