Wednesday, June 27, 2007

6 week check

Macy had her six-week check today and was given a very clean bill of health. She slept through all the poking and prodding of the doctor but screamed her head off when the health visitor (Britain's answer the the pediatrician) stretched her out to measure her. She is climbing the growth curve for the length and head circumference and descending just a bit on the weight curve, coming in at just over 9 pounds. And in keeping pace with her sisters before her, she is going about 8 hours at night without a feed. Good girl!

At the six-week check the doctor inevitably asks what form of birth-control we're planning to use, which I always find a little awkward. But this time I needed some straight-forward advice since I've already managed to conceive on two types of birth-control. So she handed me a pamphlet of all my available options, pointing out which ones were better than others and commenting that the new female condom is really noisy. Yikes. Fun bedside reading for me tonight.

Note from Tim: What THEE hell is the female condom? Am I missing something? And why THEE hell are we discussing this on the freakin' internet??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

lol!
Can't believe you've won the lottery thrice with those kids of yours, but it's true.

Mike says, "quit bragging!".
;)

I say- Keep it up. I've a lot to learn from you.

Much love,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

A female condom, huh? Well, never heard of that one but I will leave that it up to you and this sister is hoping to be as fertile as her other two sisters so I'll let you know how that goes:)

Anonymous said...

Well...I have heard of the female condom and I don't imagine you will like it any better than the male of the species likes a male condom!!