Monday, June 11, 2007

Out of touch

Sometimes living in England makes me feel so out of the loop. For example, two years ago my mom sent me some pictures of her wedding reception, and my sister was wearing a skirt with a cute top and one of those oh-so-popular half-sweaters. Except I didn't know they were popular because they hadn't made it to the UK fashion scene, so I thought "What is she wearing?" Sometimes her fashion sense isn't with the norm, so I called my mom and was like 'What was Katy wearing?" to which she replied that that was what EVERYONE was wearing that year. Oops.

I felt that way again today when I read a comment on my flickr site: "I'm so cheesed." Could someone please explain what that means?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You cheese ball! Bringing it up on this forum is, well, cheesy, to say the least. How could you not get a cheese reference in regards to a photo op? Did you not grow up in the midwest---the land of cheese?
big smiles here,
~s

kate said...

I wasn't sure, either -- it's not commonly used, as far as I've noticed -- so I checked urbandictionary.com. I'm amused to note that it means either "very angry" or "extremely happy."
Clear as mud! :)