Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Sleep

I miss the comfort of your sweet embrace
as my head hits the pillow and I surrender to your spell.
I miss the feeling of waking in the morning having rested in your arms through the night
in such a deep trance that not even dreams can wrest me from you.
You tease me with your company for a while,
but you keep leaving me when I need you most.

Dear friend, would you introduce yourself to my Macy?
Would you woo her as you have wooed me?
Would you be a friend to her as you have been to me?
For the better acquainted she becomes with you, the more you and I can be together.

And what a happy day that will be
when once again I wake in the morning
to find that you and I have made it through a night
with nothing separating us from each other.
And I can cheerfully say goodbye to you until night
instead of tearfully clinging to you as my children shoo you away.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was beautifully worded! I will pray that you find sleep soon and that Macy will too:)

Anonymous said...

Dear Sleep,

I'm not sure how often you get to log on to the internet - but it's been over ten hours now since my wife wrote to you. To say that I'm not entirely happy with your speed of service doesn't do justice to my current stance on the matter.

Perhaps you did read and respond, but in your careless haste didn't quite grasp the point. Indeed, as I write this, you and Macy are getting very acquainted. The real issue is that you make a determined attempt to do this at the same time as the rest of our children - between the hours of 7.30pm and the following morning till 7.30am GMT.

I dread to think how my business would function if I treated my clients with the same level of attention to detail that you're treating this situation.

I implore you to please push our case to the top of your pile.

Kind regards,

Tim Davies
timthewelshisVeryPissedOff.co.uk

kate said...

Oh, this is just awesome. What a great post. (though I am feeling for you! Ugh.)