Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First Days at School




Cerys started kindergarten (or reception, as it's called in the UK) on Monday, and Addien started preschool. In an effort to save our planet from carbon emissions, as well as our pocketbooks from the rising cost of fuel, we are riding bikes to school. I came home for the morning with just Macy and didn't know what to do with myself. I just walked through the house a few times, wondering at the quiet, and then turned the radio on for the first time in four years only to discover that I do not like Christian radio. But I digress. Cerys is loving her mornings at school. Addien enjoyed her first morning at pre-school and will do her second today. And Macy savoured being in the house with just her mommy with no big sisters to steal her toys, push her over, or tell her what to do. I got a little bit teary when I saw Cerys in her uniform for the first time, and last night I had a little bit of a panic that this is it, I now have a child in school and I don't get a do-over with her first four years, but that quickly passed, and I think I will really enjoy this next phase of life.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have a picture of Anna on her first day of Kindergarten that looks just like the one of Cerys. And no worries about the do over. You and Tim have done such a wonderful job with your amazing daughters!!
Mom

Anonymous said...

You look like supermom on your bike!! I can't believe Cerys is already in Kindergarten. I love all these pictures and it makes me miss all of you so much. Please kiss the girls from their Auntie:) I love that you are carrying on the tradition of first day of school pictures.

Anonymous said...

Oh, those pigtails! Supposed to be packing, but taking a good ten minutes to stare at my nieces instead...I literally can't wait to be there.

Ps. Your blog has gotten so polished, Greta!

Mrs. said...

Great picture!! Way to go riding bikes, that is amazing!

Danielle said...

Love this blog!! I'm often torn between wanting Brice to be in school NOW and wanting him to be home with me forever. Yes, I think the new phase of life will be very nice, indeed.

kate said...

Greta, your girls are so big! I can't believe it. Such cuties. Congratulations on a little more space and peace and quiet now and then.