Wednesday, September 21, 2011

I know the plans I had

I got a job.

Fifteen hours a week over three days, so I can always drop off and pick up the kids from school. Working at Family Matters Institute as an administrative assistant, I'll be with some fun and intelligent friends who are working to help families through training and the Dad Talk website. As an added bonus, I'll get to see Faith Dwight on a fairly regular basis.

So, never mind the hours of time to focus on getting a repertoire together for my market stall. Goodbye to all the sewing projects I had planned. The coat of paint for the house will have to wait a bit longer, and meals are going to become an exercise in simplicity. But I've never heard of a more perfect job, one that I was sought out to do, is term-time only, is in one of my fields of interest, and is with one fabulous group of folk.

If there was ever a time I felt Proverbs 16:9 to be true, it is now.

1 comment:

Mrs. said...

lovely! what a great addition to your life. best of luck.