Thursday, April 10, 2008

Daniel Koubesarian

Most of the time I love living in England, at least lately. But there are times that I think, "What am I doing here?" This is one of those times. My 24-year-old cousin, Daniel, was found dead in his back garden this weekend. I am in a bit of shock and in a lot of pain, and I just want my family. My best memories of Daniel are when he was younger. He was such a sweetheart. He knew everything about everything, really. He gave the best back rubs known to man. He was always available with a hug and a listening ear, and he was a champion karaoke-singer/sushi-eater. Trying to grieve such an immense loss with people who never knew Daniel is nearly impossible. I want other people who loved him to tell me their memories and to remember mine. I want to be able to be honest about who he was and where he was at without worrying about explaining what I mean. And most of all I just want to hug someone else who feels as bad as me. I hate death. I hate it. And man, did I love my cousin. I didn't realize how much until I found out he wasn't going to be around anymore.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

my love goes out to you and your family.
i'm so sorry.

Mike Stavlund said...

Greta, this is awful, just awful.

Anonymous said...

Greta - I am so sorry to hear about your loss. I hope you are able to find some meaningful way to connect with your family during this time. Mir

Anonymous said...

Condolences.

i was austrian exchange student and lived right across the street of him in 98/99 and we were good friends back then.

can you tell me about what exactly happened?!

this summer i'm probably coming to the US again and i wanted to visit and meet him again! i just can't believe it..

so sorry!

Lukas