Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Finding my way

I ran for 65 minutes on Saturday. I was running through the fields and got completely lost, ending up far from home and tired. But I kept going since I had no money and no phone, until I made it to Peggie's house and begged for water and a lift for the remaining mile home. Last night I did this route with my running pal Sarah. Not quite as far as Saturday, but considering we did three major hills each followed by major stitches, I'm pretty impressed with us. And totally impressed with this website that tells me how far I've gone. I'm disappointed with my speed but loving my stamina. My knee is killing me today--I think the three kids in three years did a bit of damage to my connective tissue, but I'm flying high.

5 comments:

Mike Stavlund said...

dude!

Anonymous said...

65 mins! bollocks! that's like how long I slept last night! snaps to you! Mir

Kelsey said...

Yay!!! Love it. Far more than I could do...and I've got no kids as an excuse. (You know that I always keep up with your blog even though I'm absolutely pants at keeping up with you in person!!)

Anonymous said...

Mike. Did you see what Kelsey said?

Pants!

Har!

Anonymous said...

So what does "pants" mean???
Mom