Sunday, April 27, 2008

Session 4

We shall also find God in our most menial tasks. Indeed, when we perform a menial task with the same spiritual care as we perform our worship, then God will shine in us equally in both. All normal work in the world can be offered to God in the same way that we offer prayers.


Spiritual care, offered to God.

What would my life look like if I took the same spiritual care as I do in worship in getting dressed in the morning, getting the girls dressed, making meals, grocery shopping, bathing the girls, vacuuming, mopping, laundry, washing dishes, changing nappies, buying clothes?

God, I offer all these things to you. These are the things you have called me to at this time, and I have to be able to not only do them for you, but really find you in the midst of them.

No comments: