Wednesday, June 14, 2006

I fell down

I got up to run this morning at 6:00. 6:05, actually, since I pressed snooze once. I was out the door at 6:30 and met my friend Sarah in the park for a lap before heading back home. (Cue Chariots of Fire theme music) I had run further and faster than I'd done before, and after the 30-minute mark I was feeling like I could go on for miles. But then (cue vinyl record screeching to a halt sound effect) I hit a grate and my right knee and both forearms hit the pavement and skid. Ouch. My runner's high was thwarted by the clutziness that is Greta, and I hobbled home licking my wounded pride and muttering profanities in my head while waving my hands in the air to try to stop the incessant burning caused by the roadburn.

2 comments:

Mike Stavlund said...

Running to escape real-life responsibilities? The thirty-minute endorphine rush? Fallling down and swearing? Oh, my dear Greta, you are a real runner now!

I absolutely love your blog, too. Keep running and blogging and mommying-- you are an inspiration to the rest of us!

timthewelsh said...

You're an inspiration to me too, my darling.

We runners have got to stick together.