Tuesday, June 20, 2006

The Weather in Wales

We've been in Wales since Friday night, and I only packed summer clothes for us, since it's June, and the temperature's been in the 80's for the last two weeks. I forgot that this is the UK, where the weather is never certain from one minute to the next, so when going on a weekend trip it's prudent to bring clothes for all seasons. Saturday we spent a gorgeous day at the beach. Sunday we went back to the beach, and I immediately took off for a run, which was fabulous, but I came back to find my husband and girls shivering with cold and none too happy about it. We drove home and have spent the last couple of days indoors since it's been rainy and in the high 50's/low 60's. Addien has had to wear her pajamas since that's the only long sleeves I brought for her. I didn't bring many toys for Cerys, since I assumed we'd be outside most of the time, so she's been watching too much tv and driving me a little crazy. The in-laws' house where we are staying (mam and dad are away for the week and kindly let us use their house) is not quite child-proof, and our days have been filled with "Cerys, honey, don't touch that. Cerys, put that down. Cerys, that's Nanny's. Cerys, get down from there." Poor girl. Of course, the only thing that has actually broken was broken by me, not Cerys. The clutziness that is Greta continues. Anyway, back to the weather...I don't know if I'll ever get used to there not being real seasons here. Summer is not necessarily warm, and winter is rarely very cold. The "rainy season" lasts from October until June. We are experiencing a "drought" which means it's only raining about twice a week this summer. California is looking better and better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

California is looking better and better... I like the sound of that, Greta!!! Well, not that I think California is so great, b/c I don't, but I think you are and would love to have you nearby.
Stephanie :)