Friday, June 30, 2006

A new job and a new recipe

I decided this week to become a Creative Memories consultant. The prospect of getting my scrapbooking supplies at cost won over fears of being perceived as a slimy sales person with a too-bubbly persona. So I signed my consultant agreement, handed over my 95 pounds sterling, and am waiting for my box of goodies (including the exclusive Daisy album) to arrive in the post. I went to a training meeting on Tuesday night to get an idea of what I was signing up for, and I was more than a little amazed to see British women HUGGING each other, and squealing with delight when greeting each other. I thought those sorority-girl greetings were only for American women, but apparently it is a Creative Memories phenomenon. Though I shuddered at the thought of going to workshops and being around such girliness whilst in the States, having been here for two years living amongst stoic protectors of personal space, I really enjoyed the unchecked expressions of delight these women showed to their friends, even if they were a little cheesy.

In other news, I made rhubarb crumble ice cream last night. I actually started early in the morning and burnt the first batch of crumble. Then I made another batch while the girls were napping. Then I mixed the cream and rhubarb at about 7:00 and did the first churning at 10:00. Had I read the recipe correctly I would have waited to mix it until this morning, but as it was I had to set my alarm for midnight to churn and fold in the crumble. We'll be having it for dessert tonight. Yum.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How do you do it? You are one amazing woman!! Full time wife and mother, exceptional daughter, sister extraordinaire, wonderful aunt, organic gourmet chef, exercise enthusiast, Bible study leader, Weight Watchers guru, Matron of Honor, and now Creative Memories consultant!

Love,
Mom

kate said...

Creative Memories consultant! HA! HA! Oh, my friend. You do amaze me. (I totally know what you mean, though -- with all of it.)