Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Relief

I woke up this morning feeling so overwhelmed I really wanted to just stay in bed and hide under the covers for the rest of the day. There were several problems with that idea. First, it's like 80 degrees here and about 85 in the house, so getting under the covers was not an option. Second, I had two very cute little girls wanting to play with their mommy, making it seem quite selfish to just stay in bed all day. Third, I really needed to pee. So I got up and started the day. By 9:30 I was still feeling totally overwhelmed by the laundry, dishes, and tidying that needed to be done (yes, these are the things that overwhelm me), and the thought of going to playgroup was more than I could take. So I called my very good friend Abi who said she'd take Cerys so I could get some time to catch up. When I opened the door I realized the night had brought some cooler weather and so decided to postpone the housework and go for a run. And even though I still haven't done the stuff that overwhelmed me this morning, I feel much better. Thank you God for endorphines. And for Abi Sutcliffe.

No comments: