Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Spontaneity with Children

It was Friday afternoon. The weather had been fabulous for the last couple of weeks, and I was itching to go to the beach. Bedford is as far from the ocean as it is possible to get on the British Isles, a point of great disappointment for this beach lover. Tim came home from work at around 4:30, and I said, "What do you say we pack up the kids and drive to Wales for the weekend." To my surprise and delight he responded with an "okay" and at 8:22 we were in the car on our way. Less than four hours to get a family of four out the door for a 5-day trip--not bad. We had a fantastic day at the beach on Saturday. It's been cold and rainy every since, but it's so nice to know that my ability to be fun and spontaneous didn't go away when my second child arrived.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I am very impressed. Good for you for getting out that door! We traveled with Liz last weekend too. Her absolute sweetness overwhelms me. We left to return from NY around 6:30 in the evening and she fell right asleep, totally exhausted from the excitement. She woke up around 8, her bedtime, so we gave her some food and told her to go to sleep b/c when we got home she would see Ceniza. She was so excited to see Ceniza (Ba ba) that she stayed awake talking about it for the next 3 hours till we got home, and then she was so excited to be reunited with Ba ba. I can't understand how she can have so much love in her heart for us and Ba ba but I sure can enjoy it. Congrats on the running thing, too. Liz and I have been going on stroller walks (doot doots) for some evenings lately but I haven't gotten up the courage to try running just yet! Love, Mir

Anonymous said...

I saw that...California is looking better and better! I love you all so much. Rest assured if you do decide to move or even visit stateside...you will be made to feel so special even Tim won't want to go back to "God's own country!"

Love,
Mom